Zettex PU 20 is a permanently elastic, one component
construction- and joint sealant based on polyurethane. It is a low modulus sealant with excellent adhesive properties and resistance to ageing and weathering. Zettex PU 20 is
designed for the sealing of vertical expansion and
• Permanently elastic over a wide range of temperatures.
• Non-sag consistency.
• Non-sticky/does not pick up dirt.
• Good adhesion on all typical construction materials.
• Good resistance to ageing, wathering and immersion in clensing agents, sea water, lime water and
diluite caustic solutions.
• Short cut-off string.
• Easy to gun, can be easily smoothed and levelled out.
• Over- paintable with many water and solcent based paints.
• Cartridge 310 ml.
• Sausage 600 ml.
• The surface must be clean, dry, free of water, oil, grease or rust and of sound quality. Remove all kind
of residues or uncured glue with Zettex Profi Cleaner. Zettex PU 20 has very good adhesion properties
without the use of a primer on most common building materials.
• Recommended application temperatures: 15℃ - 25℃ . For easier use or cold weather application we
recommend the material tob e stored at approximately 25℃. For the succesfull sealing of joints it is
essential that the following guidelines on joint configuration are observed: For joints up to 12 mm wide,
width to depth ratio= 1: 1. For joint over 12 mm wide, width to depth ratio= 2:1
• Do not apply when moisture or vapour transmission condition exists from the substrate as this can cause
bubbling within the sealant. White colour tends to yellow slightly when exposed to ultraviolet rays. The
ultimate performance of Zettex PU 20 depends on good joint design and proper application with joint
surfaces properly prepared.
Areas of application.
• Sealing expansion and construction joints in vertical and horizontal applications.
• Joints in precast elements.
• External walling and cladding joints.
• Retaining walls.
• Joints in walls, floors, balconies, around window or door frames.
• Bridge and balcony parapets.
|| Thixotroic paste
|| White, grey, black. Others on request
|Curing through volume
|| [mm] 3 (1 day at 23°C
|and 50% r.h.)
|Shore A (23°C and 50% r.h.; DIN 53505)
|| Black: 1,28 +- 0,02
|Grey: 1,33 +- 0,02
|White: 1,35 +- 0,02
|Tack-free time [min] (23°C and 50% r.h.)
|Tensile strength [N/mm2](ISO 37 DIN 53504)
|Elongation [%] (ISO 37 DIN 53504)
|| ≥ 700
|Application temperature (℃)
|| from +5℃ till +40℃
|Temperature Resistance (℃)
|| -40℃/+90℃, short period up to 120℃