Zettex Flexcryl is a plasto-elastic one-component, water
based mastic that cures fast under evaporation of water,
used for sealing finishing joints and filling interior cracking. Zettex Flexcryl forms a durable flexible seal and can be painted.Material
- Water based. No odour.
- Compatible with paints.
- Free of solvents, isocyanate and silicone.
- Adhesion to most common building substrates.
- Easy tooling. Wash-up with water.
Fields of application
- For sealing interior finishing joints for walls, partitions, ceiling and skirting boards.
- Connection joints on window sills, between masonry, etc.
- For filling cracks, board joints, around shutter formwork, etc.
- Suitable for bonding expanded polystyrene on absorbent substrates.
- Suitable on all usual porous building substrates.
After substrate preparation, apply Zettex Flexcryl with the Zettex Caulkgun. The sealant should be
smoothed using a tool moistened with water before skinning for a perfect sealant surface.
Smoothing is not only recommended for aesthetic reasons, but also guarantees close contact and good
adhesion to the substrate. Remove any masking tape used immediately after smoothing. Fresh product
and tools can be cleaned with water.
• Fresh product must be protected from condensed moisture or rainwater, until a solid skin has formed.
• The product cures by means of desiccation (water evaporation). High humidity, low temperatures and
high joint depth can delay skin formation and curing significantly.
• If applied outdoors, the joint must be protected from driving rain and continuous exposure to
• During drying, the colour will slightly change.
• The product is compatible with most paint systems. Due to the large number of paints and varnishes
available, we strongly suggest a compatibility test before application.
• It should not be applied on bituminous or tar containing substrates, and to materials that bleed oils or
• It must not be used in contact with untreated metals (oxidation risk).